Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 16: Almost Terrifying Rickshaw Experience and Humayun's Tomb


9/21/2011 Day 16 (Guidebook Day 16)

This morning we flew to from Leh to Delhi. It was a short flight – just over an hour. Our flight was very early, causing us to have to leave our hotel at 4:15. I’ve also never had so many check points and felt like I went through so much hassle at an airport before. 

They pat down each person as they go through security. The females are walked into a booth closed off with curtains for their pat-downs by a female security worker. The males, on the other hand, are asked to stand on platforms out in the open in the room where everyone is waiting for their plane for their pat-down. The woman at the x-ray machine took my rocks out of my bag, looked at them really strangely, and showed them around to the other workers before shrugging and putting them back. Haha.

I rode in one of those bicycle rickshaws for the firs time today. I feel like it should have felt terrifying, but it wasn’t… I mean, at one point our driver (or I suppose our rider) turned right (like our left) at an intersection after the light had already been red for like 5 seconds. It seems to be ok, though, because everyone drives like that. Driving in India just seems to be a kind of organized chaos. As long as you understand how it works, you can get through the madness.


We also went to Humayun’s Tomb. Pretty cool. Not much else to say about it.



Today we flew from Leh to Delhi, and then took a train to Agra. Taj Mahal tomorrow!
MAP

No comments:

Post a Comment