Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 12: Starry Nights


9/17/2011 Day 12 (Guidebook Day 8 – led by Mairi)

While we’ve been camping, I’ve mostly been sleeping outside. It’s been amazing. I love my zero degree sleeping bag, though. I don’t know what I’d do without it.

Random side note: the lunches that have been packed for us seem to consistently revolve around cucumber and tomato sandwiches. The dinners here are amazing, but I could definitely do without more cucumber and tomato sandwiches. Today they changed it up and we got a cheese sandwich for lunch. It was just one slice of American cheese between bread, but it was a very welcome change.

Today:

Hot Springs in Chumathang

Touchin’ the Indus River!

Pillow Basalts

Gabbro down-section from the pillow basalts

Chillin’ at a rock stop.

There are two faults visible in this mountain. There is a green section on the left (North),  then a dark brown section, then a tan section. The fault between the green and brown section is a thrust fault, and the fault between the brown and tan section is a normal fault.

Cool folded rock.

Tonight we get momos for dinner. “Epic win”. – Jacob

The sky was so clear. I took these right before going to bed.



Today we drove from Leh to Sumdo.

No comments:

Post a Comment